At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 155 countries with over 284,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com. PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity.
- Job Position: Experienced Associate – Assurance (Energy, Utilities & Mining)
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
The Audit Associate will be responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of an engagement team carrying out the audit of companies in the Energy, Utilities and Mining industry, under the supervision of Audit Seniors and Audit Managers.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish working knowledge of the client’s accounting procedures and processes.
- Evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures; making recommendations for improvements
- Performing substantive tests and tests of controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Identify any accounting or audit issues and perform the necessary research to resolve such issues
- Prepares all financial statements and work papers (to include schedules, analyses, and memos)
- Provide recommendations for strengthening internal controls and business efficiency.
- Providing coaching to less experienced team members on engagements and helping them settle into their roles in the firm.
- Lead small engagement team with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching and supervision
- Effectively organize and chair team and client meetings
- Acting as an assistant team lead on medium sized engagement while reporting effectively to the senior associate and manager (as required).
- Build strong working relationships with client contacts.
- Perform agreed-upon procedures and review engagements.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including preparation of audit plans, budgets and engagement letters.
- Preparing client assistance schedules (CAS) and following-up on client deliverables.
- Minimum of a First Degree Certificate with not less than Second Class Upper division/Upper Credit.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or Part Qualified.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience as an external auditor in a consulting firm.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility for personal growth
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online