Pinnah Foods Limited (The Ice Cream Factory & Yin Yang Express) is a restaurant chain with 7 outlets operating in the city of Lagos and we are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to to join our vibrant team in the position below:
Job Position: Facilities Officer
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with approved contractors to deliver repair and maintenance services across all outlets, including but not limited to security, waste & water disposal and servicing of all equipment.
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met.
- Monitor, inspect and vet the performance of all completed repair and maintenance works.
- Undertake emergency and planned maintenance and repairs (within capability); respond effectively and maintain a log of such works.
- Ensure that all equipment, tools and plant are in good condition; liaising with external vendors and services where necessary.
- Ensure fire safety equipment are serviced as at when due; check other fire equipment e.g. extinguishers for damage or expiration; maintain logs of all checks. Liaise with the fire and security contractors to arrange for servicing and repairs.
- Routinely inspect and maintain the exterior premises (grounds, buildings and landscaping).
- Overseeing outsourced services providers e.g. gardeners, cleaners and security staff.
- Ensuring that the lighting, air conditioning and ventilation systems are operating properly across all outlets.
- Carry out the proactive maintenance schedule of all equipment and services including but not limited to; kitchen equipment, pest control, cooling & freezing equipment, ovens & heating equipment, air-conditioning, CCTVs, building interior & exterior, furniture and fittings, as agreed by management.
- Provide emergency facility support for emergency situations such as breakdown in; generators, freezing equipment and security.
- Manage vendor performance ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contract and to agreed standards; document and escalate instances of poor performance.
- Ensure that operational expenditure for repair & maintenance is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies where possible.
- Ensured that all insurance, permits and licenses relating to the company’s assets (e.g. vehicles, buildings, premises, etc) are renewed in line with given deadlines to avoid penalties and any disruption to business operations.
- Ensure that all required government regulatory permits with regards to maintenance & facilities (e.g LAASA, LASEPA, Fire Services, Food handler’s certificates, etc.) are up to date, to avoid disruption to business operations.
- Manage payments to vendors where applicable and ensuring compliance with the company policy and standards.
Job Experience & Qualifications
- Possess at the minimum, HND or Degree certificate in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience within the Hospitality industry or similar industry is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years experience in a repair and maintenance / facilities management role.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management, organizational & planning skills.
- Be fair and objective in decision making.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work and keep calm under pressure.
- Be deadline oriented and complete tasks or projects in a timely manner.
- Energy and stamina.
7th November, 2021.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.