UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality-conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, beverages, and dairy products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic, and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production, and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
- Job Position: Factory HSE Manager
- Job Location: Kerang, Plateau
- To take responsibility for coordinating and implementing organizational safety programs as regards occupational health and environment of UFL. Conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards, identify precautionary measures, and ensure implementation of HSE programs.
You will be accountable for:
- Conducting risk assesment and ensuring implementation of required controls
- Ensuring strict adherence to Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures at relevant facilities
- Implementing all Health, Safety, and Environment programs
- Collating and analyzing all relevant Health Safety and Environment reports periodically
- Investigating workplace incidents, establishing the causes, and recommending preventive action against recurrences
- Providing management with appropriate information on safety, health, and environment related matters
- Ensuring general hygiene in the factory (GMP) and prompt fumigation of the factory and premises
- Ensuring good sanitation of storage facilities and environment for effective storage conditions
- Enforcing procedure of solid waste materials are implemented
- Handling the procedure for waste water discharge to comply with local regulations on waste water discharges
- Ensuring the procedures for both in- house, third party pest control, and fumigation programs are effectively implemented
The ideal candidate will possess:
- HND / B. Sc in Science or Engineering discipline with NYSC Certificate
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment in an FMCG industry
- Resident or willing to move to Kerang, Mangu LG, Plateau State
- Be a Team player with good analytical, statistical, communication, and change management skills
- Professional accredidation of NEBOSH is an added advantage
10th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of email.