Chapters & Heights Farms Limited is a Large-Scale incorporated Agricultural Company with Farm Production Site situated in Abeokuta and a distribution office, located in Lagos State. The Company is involved in an integrated farming system including Livestock, Greenhouses and Plant products. Chapters & Heights Farms Limited is seeking to recruit naturally driven and result-oriented business development and deposit-driven professionals to increase the firm’s deposit customers.
Job Position: Farm Agronomist
Job Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- We are looking for an agronomist to investigate and implement solutions for our clients in the food production and farming industries. In this role, you will examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, output, and quality.
- You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company.
- To be a successful agronomist, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices.
- A top-notch agronomist should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or a related field.
- Further education and experience may be preferred.
- willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills.
- 2 years (Required)
N70,000 – N100,000 (Depending on proficiency and ability to communicate strategies at interview effectively)
31st March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- If this profile meets your career interest, we would like to meet you.
- Chapters & Heights Farms Limited is an equal-opportunity employer.