NPG Farms Hatchery & Agro-Allied Services – We are an agricultural establishment that is committed to producing and marketing the best quality poultry and farm products. We have been in operations for close to two decades.
- Job Position: Farm Supervisor
- Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The successful candidate will report to the Farm Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and assigns duties to farmworkers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner.
- He ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations. In consultation with the farm manager, prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers.
- He will also record information on inbound, outbound birds and creates and submit reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies, and animal growth and mortality.
- He assigns duties to farmworkers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner; duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs, or maintaining buildings.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in raising poultry, Confers with the farm manager to ascertain production requirements and to discuss the condition of equipment and status of supplies
- Provides care to injured or ill poultry
- Enforce workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Assigns workers to duties, such as collecting and candling eggs, feeding and vaccinating poultry, crating and shipping fryers, and cleaning and fumigating chicken houses.
- Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as chicken houses, automatic feeders, and layer nests.
- Update birds record on daily basis
- Train new workers and ensure old farm attendance are refreshed of their responsibilities and obligations,
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports.
- HND / OND in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent. A lower degree with extensive knowledge and experience in Agricultural and Animal Science or equivalent can also apply.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Extensive experience in a farming/poultry-related field preferably in a well organized and recognized Farms.
- Management experience would be a plus
- A passion for Agriculture and life care of stock.
- Effective poultry attendance management skills
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Sound writing and arithmetic/analytical skills is a must
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills.
- To carry out manual duties
- To work under pressure and outside work hours
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership – willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- To give attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Vast knowledge of poultry care, vaccination, prevention of mortality and schedule of birds growth and maturity.
- Knowledge and impact of weather and environment on the well being and growth of birds
- Knowledge of Poultry/food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- A commitment passion for poultry welfare
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: If you are qualified for the above position and willing to work and live in Oyo state, please forward your CV.