At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide. We work in over 17 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2021, we have facilitated crop insurance cover to over 5.3 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A, our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is a fast-paced space, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges and we are made up of a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
Job Position: Field Coordinator – Nigeria
Job Location: Nigeria
The Field Coordinator shall provide the services detailed below. Pula expects the Field Coordinator to conduct following tasks including and beyond:
- Conducting Field Agent Training
- Help set project budgets, record keeping for expenses and reconciliation against the budget for each project
- Farmer sensitization:
- Set work plan with FAM and conduct farmer trainings
- Organize and conduct Training-of-trainer sessions with local counterparts and/or client staff
- Submit reports within 5 working days on training outcomes, including photos and participant feedback
- Manage training budget and provide proof of activities and expenditures
- Collect participant data which is accurate and complete
- Evaluate end of season performance of field agents
- Field management support for crop cut exercise.
- Field Agent audits: 4x per week visit and audit report.
- Review submitted data on Mavuno web app daily to check received reports performance and verify correct data is submitted (no missing data, incorrect photos, misreported yields).
- Lead weekly data review and work planning meetings with field agents
- Weekly performance review against work plans and review data collected by field agents for quality; audit and retrain field agents with flagged data or missed work plans.
- Investigate any anomalies in inconsistencies in Field Agent data.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints from farmers and stakeholders as needed
- Report to supervisor (Field [associate] Manager) weekly on progress, wins and blockers
- Coordination with client field staff and insurance auditors to facilitate visits
- Report all incidents (localized risk ex. Fire, flooding, pests; client or farmer coordination issues; etc) using the appropriate form with supporting information in 5 working days or less.
- Conduct refresher training when needed on topics identified as unclear to s and for Field Agents who are struggling
- Support Pula mobile app installation and troubleshooting.
- Resolve any queries from the data or payout team on data points within 48 hours.
- Evaluate end of season performance of Field Agents
- Clear and consistent communication up and down the reporting lines.
- Be available during working hours to respond to queries by WhatsApp
- Assist organization and attend local payout events on request
- Assisting in product launches when required
- Help with internal data audits when required
- Any other duties as requested by management
- A Diploma in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business/project management or related field.
- Experience with (2 years) and proven skills in working with clients, project teams, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Located in either of these areas:
- Fluent in speaking Hausa or any other local languages
- Experience in data collection and data management.
- Skills to interact with clients, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate Excel skills is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online