New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
Job Position: State Field Manager
Job Location: Kano (Remote)
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing program operations under the respective assigned State.
- The Senior Field Manager will support project implementation in public health clinics, including facilitating technical assistance, outreach, network building, assigned budget administration, and the execution of relevant events.
- He/she will be responsible for the overall output of operations in their state.
State Coordination (40%):
- myDay submissions all completed (activities, expenses, time, task reporting)
- Manage and develop State Budget Requests based on KPI’s and in-depth understanding of outstanding issues, and recommendations from the Field Managers and Field Officers.
- Manage Activities and KPIs (Coverage, Imm Rate, Discrepancies) within budget
- Ensuring programs run efficiently and effectively by Modifying clinic schedule based on requests and factors (e.g. assessment of coverage)
- Promptly resolving issues identified by the Audits & Investigation unit and console reviewers, identifying and mitigating instances of these issues at other operating clinics/LGAs
- Work with the Operation Coordinator in collaboration with the Deputy Expansion Coordinator to develop and successfully implement the program goals.
- Manage project timelines and effective completion of project deliverables based on the Work Plan, while ensuring timely reporting
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring for all project-related activities and ensure appropriate tracking of expenses based on the Work Plan.
Stakeholder Management (10%):
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders at the State level for prompt resolution of programmatic concerns, in-person access when needed and additional representation.
- Provide effective supply-side follow up,
- Participate in Health Partners Meeting, Campaign Flag offs.
- Participate in LIOs meetings,
- Conduct monthly LGA visits to ensure LGA stakeholders are kept abreast with happenings and we are solving issues from the government side.
- Provide weekly CCT breaches update to the stakeholders.
Meetings and Trainings(20%):
- Lead implementation of community, state, and partner events, activities, meetings, briefings, and seminars.
- Propose quarterly and ongoing trainings to improve managers and FOs ability to detect and mitigate fraud
- Assist with training and role playing for awareness and sensitization meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in check-ins Meetings.
- Represent the organization and project at meetings, conferences and other events when assigned.
Administration & Reporting (15%):
- Ensure all Field Managers, Assistant Field Managers and Field Officers meet responsibilities for conducting in-person supervision visits, reviewing submissions and providing coaching.
- Identify core issues affecting clinics and settlements.
- Assess status of Unit objectives and KPIs
- Complete review of Field Managers’ Daily Check-in to have a holistic view of clinic operations
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly forms within timelines
- Implement performance management system to identify best and worst performers and assist in PIP and firing of non-performers).
- Review of discrepancies and mitigative actions to reduce (myTransfer, HR Report)
- Develop procurement work plan, manage costs, and confirm distribution for ongoing operations
- Ensure staff comply with the NI rules and regulations and complete assigned training within the state.
- Address any non compliance and misconduct within the state of operation and escalate to the HR unit or audit unit where necessary.
- Collaborate with FMs to escalate to the HR or Audit units on employee’s performances or PIP.
- Support employees under your state where necessary to mitigate or avoid discrepancies in day to day activities.
Project & Task Management (5%):
- Lead projects as implemented by NI leadership.
- Assign tasks as per task management tool.
- Advance project goals using a variety of proven research, advocacy and program implementation techniques.
Security Awareness (5%):
- Make decisions on ad hoc security mitigation.
- Keep Chief Operating Officer and Operations Coordinator informed of significant events and development.
- Liaise with the Security Unit in case of critical incidents and potential deterioration of the security situation and disseminating relevant information.
- Report all security incidents in areas of operations including incidents that do not directly affect staff and/or operations .
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of team members as applicable on the field
- Read and understand all Security documents in the context of operations including SOPs and Country Security Plan.
Other duties (5%):
- As assigned by leadership (Not more than 5% of role)
- Provide recommendations to Human Resources Managers based on feedback from Field Managers.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the OC or Senior Managers.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.Sc or equivalent, Masters will be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience working in the field. It is desirable that at least 2 of these years be spent working at a senior level with a locally based or international organization.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (especially in Hausa).
- Good Budget management skill
- Strong customer service and people management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or multitask and reports.
- Ability to manage large team
- Ability to handle pressure
- Highly proactive with a very strong sense of accountability.
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and are encouraged to not wait until the deadline as decisions for this position could be taken sooner.