International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
Job Position: Field Support Assistant
Job Location: Borno
Overall Purpose of Role
- The key responsibilities of this position will be to support the Field Support Officer in HR, Administration, Logistics, and Finance functions. The Field Support Assistant (FSA) reports to and works under the line management of the Field Support Officer (FSO).
- Support the FSO in the process of petty cash transactions. Assisting with daily petty cash reconciliation and issuing cash advances to personnel as authorized.
- Help to maintain a proper record system for operational advances, efficiently tracking the open amounts and collecting the supporting documents to close all outstanding advances before the month-end.
- Assist in making timely payments, ensuring the completeness of supporting documents and preparing cheques and bank wire transfer slips and remitting for signature.
- Photocopy proofs of payment and file them with invoices in chronological order.
- Support in dealing with local banks, and submitting and collecting documents from local banks.
- Assist, as requested by the FSO in completing month-end closing according to the agreed schedule.
- Support in making monthly estimates of the cash requirement for the field office.
- Assist the FSO in the HR administration of national staff.
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding process, as required.
- Assist with the issue of office ID cards and stationery.
- Help to maintain staff insurance, contract, and absenteeism records.
- Support the processing and submission of field office staff time sheets in a timely manner.
- Maintain field office staff HR records as delegated.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of local regulations of the field office.
Logistics, Procurement and Operations:
- Assist FSO in procurement activities, for example for consumables and diesel, in collaboration with field operations and program teams.
- Support the FSO in coordinating all logistical arrangements for project-related events, workshops, seminars, and other training activities.
- Ensure that procurement processes comply with the SOPs, with proper documentation supporting all the purchases.
- Prepare purchase and payment requests and update the procurement tracker.
- Assist in identifying suitable vendors, collecting price quotes, circulating RFQs and issuing purchase orders.
- Help manage and administer office resources, including office space, assets including laptops, other related office systems and equipment.
- Help to maintain and update field office asset register as per INSO requirements.
- Help to ensure all assets are tagged and to a keep record of their movements.
- Support the bi-annual physical verification of assets.
- Monitor and report any faulty equipment to the line manager, and supervise any repairs and maintenance of INSO’s facilities, equipment, and vehicles.
- Support the monitoring of vehicle log sheets and fuel usage.
- Support the FSO in stock management activities.
- Ensure that the compound is well maintained.
- Preferably at least 2 years of relevant work experience in similar roles with NGOs.
- A professional certificate.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to process large amounts of data.
- Good English language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills.
7th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Updated CV.
- One relevant and substantive writing sample in English that demonstrates your analytical and report writing abilities (10 page max).
Note: Please do not send any additional information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.