ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world-class services. Our ability to identify, satisfy and exceed today’s market needs is a testament to over a decade of experience, our commitment, drive and passion realized through highly skilled and well seasoned professionals.
As a pioneer and a leading Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) operatorin Nigeria, we currently provide a number of solutions to various industries and market segments using industry-leading technology (such as our very own Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) cable technology) as our core access network infrastructure and fixed wireless radio services (via licensed frequency). We also proffer complementary IT solutions, with a view of covering key commercial and suburban regions.
Job Position: Field Support Specialist
Job Location: Lagos
- The Field Support Specialist will supervise teams responsible for maintenance of cable and termination, Commissioning and Testing Equipment of fibre drop cables networks on the Roads Telecommunications Service networks. This will include repairing any Fibre or Copper Cable break. This role is responsible for carrying out planned and contingency operations and maintenance (O&M) services in accordance with approved procedures and safety standards
Facility and Infrastructural Maintenance:
- Coordinate user support efforts by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions Operations & Maintenance Lead Field Support Specialist
- Implements proactive maintenance and sets up system monitoring, to reduce equipment failure and incident response time
- Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
- Diagnoses network and device problems and implements technical or procedural solutions
- Ensure Quality Control Checks on all reports for resolved
- incidents in accordance with defined procedures.
- Perform inventory of equipment and consumables required by Contractors, ensuring availability and repair / return of same.
- Maintains accurate records of the condition of splitters, equipment in all buildings, and inspections
- Prepare regular reports on all inspections and work orders as may be necessary.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required
- Ensure efficient Operations
- Maintain the highest standards for safety and actively promote a world-class safety culture in all aspects of operational procedure
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of sites, keeping up to date & accurate records
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the Health & Safety requirements
- Lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation of Engineering Operations
- Ensure continuous improvement efforts on infrastructure through monitoring of compliance to standards of procedures and policies, while delivering performance against agreed metrics
- Manage maintenance and repair programs, making sure there are no service failures.
- Perform efficient field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery:
- Maintain routing plans, network maps, and disaster recovery plans to aid business continuity in the event of an unforeseen service disruption
- Enable the division to deliver 100% uptime on all last mile infrastructure
- Conduct Incident management as either first responder or incident commander
- Execute the set clear guidelines for communicating and escalating critical issues to supervisor to minimize business disruption due to infrastructure support issues
- Conduct performance benchmarks, conducting analyses, and preparing documentation reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
Planning and Documentation:
- Execute Operations and Maintenance (O&M) plan in line with the B2C business objectives
- Produce timely and accurate reports of field activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Execute policies, procedures and work standards required for the maintenance of last-mile fibre infrastructure and ensuring compliance by all maintenance teams.
- Provide feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating Customers.
- Execute performance benchmarks, conducting analyses, and preparing documentation reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
- Prepare operations and maintenance activity and performance reports
Team Leadership, Coordination and Supervision:
- Solve a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Motivate and coordinate maintenance teams for individual supervision, support and performance evaluations
- Train & Monitor assigned maintenance teams to ensure that safety procedures and work practices are always strictly adhered to
- Work within Service Operations to ensure that SLAs are met and exceeded
- Monitor and control expenses within a defined budget
- Develop and maintain strategies for continuous performance improvement
Stakeholder Management and Research:
- Responsible for the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance
- with established practices and procedures
- Managing the relationship with Facility managers and their facility staff
- Monitor vendor RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) and MOPs (Methods of Procedures) and ensuring all safety
- procedures are adhered to while performing work
- Research, investigate, evaluate, and qualify potential new equipment for network deployment
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops as specified by the division
- Draft of progress reports which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand by stakeholders and key decision makers
- Manage storage of stock to agreed levels and ensure that you have parts available to complete jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with Line Manager to agree non-reactive works to be undertaken
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Demonstrable capability to form and lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation
- An ability to deliver results in highly complex, technically challenging situations where collaboration across multiple teams is required
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up
- assumptions and develop business cases
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills at expert level.
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills at a senior level
- Environmental / Industry analysis
- Documentation and Strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills also desirable
- 2+ years of Fibre/FTTH Operations
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as fibre cabling.
- Experience in Vendor Management
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment and providing technical support to end customer solutions
- Experience working in the Telecommunications industry with a track record of technical achievement
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian and global Information Technology Industry especially Telecommunications
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality
29th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online