Sunhive Limited is a solar energy development and engineering company that focuses on providing solar solutions for productive ends. Our main focus is on the development and engineering of commercial solar photovoltaic power generation solutions.
Job Position: Field Technician
Job Location: Lagos
- We seek qualified candidates in the role of field technicians to assist project engineers with engineering analysis, design and commissioning of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Understand Sunhive’s project development and implementation methods.
- Learn about solar photovoltaic systems, including the ability to perform solar site surveys, calculate potential generation and utility cost savings, and estimate system costs.
- Simulate PV system energy production (Excel, PvGIS, Homer, PVSystem, SunnyDesign).
- Design and Illustrate system configuration ( SLDs and MLDs using CAD).
- Perform extensive surveys and identify energy efficiency and savings opportunities.
- Understand metering and measurement tools and the data provided.
- Install BOS (cables, cable trays, enclosures, MC4 connections, mounting systems, etc).
- Request work permits, follow work site procedures, fill out forms and checklists
- Monitor installed installations, identify potential issues, diagnose the error, determine proper solution and carry out remedial actions when needed.
- Write site reports.
- A Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Good CAD skills and an ability to read and draw standard line diagrams (Autocad, Sketchup).
- 2 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Passion for renewable energy and solar energy services
- Comfortable with heights & physically fit to carry out site work.
- Good knowledge of safety at work practices and being a fast learner.
- Good oral and written English language skills.
- Practical and hands-on field experience would be an advantage.
- Good learning skills and a track record of self-development.
- Ability to work without supervision.
How to Apply
We want to ensure that all applicants have a fair and equal chance, so we’re using a TestGorilla assessment. This minimizes unconscious bias in our hiring process. Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to complete the application assessment
- Kindly use the link above to take a 1-hour test to demonstrate the skills required for this role.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection before proceeding with the assessment.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume when you’re done with the application assessment.
- Multiple applications are not allowed.
- Only candidates who took the application assessment will be contacted.
- Successful candidates will be invited to a job interview.