Learning through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental, and charity organization that was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief, and Rehabilitation, Empowering women, and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders.
The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children, and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society. MOGEWE is a consortium funded by UN Women, made up of four Organizations. Which are working together towards improving women and girls’ safety, security, and human rights as well and influence/advance progress on GEWE, EVAWG and SGBV, and HP in 2 LGAs of Borno state by mobilizing women, youth’s organization, and other CSOs. LETSAI will work in two LGAs (Konduga and Gwoza).
- Job Position: Finance/ Administrative Officer
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Finance and Administration Officer will provide LETSAI with appropriate finance, human resource, and
- administrative support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined and not limited to below.
- Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g., receipts, payments requests, and petty cash).
- Assist the organization in management of internal and external audits.
- Ensure expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both LETSAI and donors.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all
- supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Ensure agreed reporting dates are maintained according to LETSAI’s policies.
- Assist in managing partners’ finance reporting ensuring compliance with LETSAI and donor regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with LETSAI’s operating requirements.
- Support the efficient running of LETSAI’s office daily operations.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with LETSAI and donor regulations.
- Support logistics for LETSAI’s programme activities.
- Other administration duties as agreed.
- Advise on HR policies when required to ensure these comply with LETSAI statutory regulations.
- Ensure staff handbook is reviewed and updated as required to comply with LETSAI’s and statutory procedures.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Coordinate recruitment/induction in line with LETSAI’s processes.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: According to LETSAI salary policy and donor regulations
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract length: Eight-month contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding
- Probation: There will be a probation period of three months.
- Holidays: 12 days leave per year.
- According to LETSAI salary policy and donor regulations
22nd January, 2021. 12PM COB.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.