Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Position: Finance Analyst
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This position will report to the DRC and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI 360 Nigeria’s accounting systems, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting IT issues relating to the system.
Finance and Budget Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly pipeline report covering all Nigeria portfolios in the North-East.
- Providing support to the Associate Director, Finance in the forecasting, monitoring, and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability
- Analyzing budget patterns & project expenditures and providing management with accurate information for decision making.
- Developing cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Ensuring that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance account.
- Preparing moderately complex reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis, prepare management and statistical reports on income and expenditure.
- Administering the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Providing instructions and answering questions relating to budget procedures, providing budget recommendations to a wide range of issues
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly payroll and pension remittances.
- Periodic analysis of project portfolio and provide management with accurate information for decision making.
- Responsible for budget developments, realignments, costed and non-costed extension.
- Responsible for liaising with auditors by preparing the Financial/Fund accounting statements, schedules for account balances and providing convincing responses to audit queries.
- Carryout periodic call-over of transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provide support to the Country Office Finance platform through month-end account closure and global audit.
Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing major software upgrades and installation of related software applications.
- Managing implementation of custom changes to the accounting system
- Applying accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all applications.
- Trouble shooting and monitoring of programming and systems problems associated with accounting applications in use.
- Analyzing any error messages in the accounting system to determine cause and solution.
- Testing enhancements to the accounting system to ensure proper functionality.
- Developing documentation and training for end users (finance staff) on how to effectively use accounting systems and related applications.
- Studying manual accounting processes and procedures and making recommendations on how to automate or integrate into the system.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Experience in financial reporting, financial management systems applications and auditing.
- CPA. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or recognized equivalent is required.
- Familiarity with donor-funded programs and Nigerian non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Demonstrated skills in financial reporting, analysis, and Auditing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, database and SQL query tools and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online