Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for Africa. Klasha Business allows international merchants to accept payments from Africa using African money methods and currencies with payouts in hard currencies. B2B African merchants can also send money cross-border to different parts of the world in G20 and hard currencies. Klasha Personal allows consumers in Africa to shop and spend cross-border internationally through an app using African money methods and currencies.
Job Position: Finance & Accounting Lead
Job Location: Lagos
- We are seeking to hire a proactive and dynamic candidate for the role of Finance & Accounting Lead who will, amongst other things, be tasked with monitoring, communicating, and shaping our financial health.
- Working closely with our CEO and Department Heads, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and managing a first-rate Finance vertical.
- As a Seed-stage startup, you will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, this position requires the ability to work independently, communicate complex concepts in concise terms, prioritise tasks, and work with various departments efficiently.
- Liquidity and treasury management, overseeing Klasha’s financial resources to help meet wider business objectives.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for Klasha’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction/optimisation opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the Finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the appropriate monitoring of Company finances is maintained
- Confident oversight and delivery of Central bank reporting
- Personable and business facing
- Partnerships and relationship building
- Managing the output and nurturing the development of a Finance Executive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related course
- Deep domain understanding of the African payments ecosystem
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in payments and/or fintech
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalently certified
- Significant exposure to Treasury Management, FP&A and reconciliation
- Experience working globally
- Automation savvy, with proficiency in analytics and wider tooling.
- Ability to execute root cause analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify and defend data-driven recommendations.
- A charismatic relationship builder, able to win the trust of external and internal partners alike
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of compliance activities in financial services.
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health/wellness benefits
- Budget for French language classes.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.
- Discounted access to higher education
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online