Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
- Job Position: Finance and Admin Officer 1
- Job Location: Plateau
- The Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing office support by assisting with administrative and financial systems, logistics, and procedures.
- In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the BA-N State Coordinator and staff with preparation and logistics for community activities, meetings, training, and other events as needed at the field office.
- Maintain general office systems including filing; coordinating timely timesheet submission; sending, receiving, and distributing faxes; and photocopying.
- Assist the office staff with the tracking and development of administrative documents;
- Maintain organized files on all admin and financial-related reports and documents.
- Maintain the project field office petty cash, prepare payments, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required, and supervise the processing of staff claims and advances and per diem.
- Complete purchase orders, time and attendance records, and prepare necessary reports for relevant senior Admin and Finance Officers, and Deputy Project Director – Integrated Projects and Family Planning.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors.
- Submit monthly financial reports as required to the Senior Finance Officer II.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N Integrated project efforts as assigned
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the Senior Program Officer I -State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years work experience with admin and finance support for health programs
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High-level administrative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Professional and organized
- Experienced in supply management and inventory control
- Fluency in Hausa language
- Internet research abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
30th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title & Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.