Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
- Job Position: Finance Assistant
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Cash Box Management
- General Administration
Cash Box Management:
- Make payments according to MdM procedures.
- Keep the cash and cash boxes safe and according procedures.
- Estimate petty cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment.
- Perform daily/weekly/and monthly cash control with Finance Officer.
- If necessary, realize the payment of monthly per-diem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the international staff
- Management of safety envelop for international staff (payment and refund – in and out)
- Enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Prepare the payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.)
- Double-check of records, according to MdM & donor procedures
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Finance Coordinator and ensure that all advance are reconciled/closed by the end of the week & month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required
- Keep the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive)
- Support to look for invoices when required
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of Administrative Coordinator,
- Realize copying and filing and scanning, especially for accountancy
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation
- Prepare a summary of weekly activities
- Participate in a pro-active way to the improvement of the MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Finance Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or comparable Degree
- 2 years progressive experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri would be an added advantage
- Experience with NGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset.
17th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “Finance Assistant – Maiduguri” as the subject of their application.
Note: Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.