SafeBoda Nigeria Limited – At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. With the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Kampala (Uganda), and Ibadan (Nigeria). We are a venture-funded company that is already having a significant impact on millions in Africa.
Job Position: Senior Finance Associate
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Maintain fixed asset register and ensure the fixed asset register is on month-end closing and reconciled with GL.
- Prepare an analysis of accounts and bank reconciliation on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Prepare management account and report for business use
- Disburses petty cash after approval from the Senior Finance Manager by recording entry, verifying documentation
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents and ensuring the invoices are approved.
- Manage drivers’ payments and vendors’ payments.
- Maintains accounting controls by adhering to policies and procedures.
- Prepare the tax schedule (federal and state) for review and remittance
- Execute periodic stock count and present report and observation to finance manager
- Provide support to the in-country Finance Manager regarding monthly accounting processes including the processing of entries in the ERP system
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions recorded
- Provide administrative assistance to the other departments as required or requested.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Finance, Accounting or any related discipline.
- At least two years of relevant accounting and financial analyst experience
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (input).
- Fluency in the English language for both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements, and projections.
- Keen attention to detail and comprehensive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly knowledge of Excel and G-suite is a requirement.
- Updated knowledge of and understanding of regulatory requirements and practices for financial reporting (especially IFRS) is an added advantage.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, tons of opportunities for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamics fast-paced company in Africa
- Free Lunch every day
- Free SafeBoda transport.
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume stating why you would like to be a Senior Finance Associate to: email@example.com using “Senior Finance Associate-SafeBoda” as the subject of the mail.
Note: The need for this role is urgent, and we’d like the right candidate.