Enough is Enough Nigeria (EiE) is a coalition of individuals and youth organizations committed to instituting a culture of good governance and public accountability in Nigeria through advocacy, activism and the mobilization of the youth population as responsible citizens. We are non partisan, neither are we a platform for the actualization of any individual’s political ambitions.
Our ambitious goal is to mobilize 10 million young people, cutting across religious, ethnic and socio economic divides in the country to be actively engaged in the electoral process by 2015.
Job Position: Finance Lead
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual who possesses sound knowledge of financial accounting, project cost-benefit-analysis, oriented and organised, keen on integrity and ethics.
The Finance Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Predicting future financial trends.
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted.
- Developing long-term business plans based on financial reports.
- Oversee all cash and bank transactions according to the account in question.
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing EiE’s budgets.
- Oversee requisition of all expenses to be made.
- Create a requisition for all cheques and keep cheque stubs as a record.
- Ensure that the collection, processing and communication of financial information is properly done.
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk.
- Manage update transactions per grant/jobs/class in QuickBooks.
- Ensure all transactions are posted with their respective cheque numbers/receipt number in QuickBooks.
- Ensure donors are posted as customers in QuickBooks.
- Prepare EiE annual financial statement report, showing the balance sheet, income statement and cash flows.
- Generate annual financial statements based on job and class.
- Ensure all tax payment (PAYE & WHT) are paid promptly and duly.
- Post PAYE as a single transaction for all employees for the month.
- Follow up with tax consultant on revenue and credit note on WHT payment made.
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Persons, that is, Auditors and Tax Consultants.
- Work with consultant to audit EiE account on a yearly basis.
- Oversee the operations and development of the company’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Scrutinize budgets submitted by Unit Leads for projects/program.
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related field.
- Practical knowledge of accounting software, particularly QuickBooks.
- Minimum of 8 years post NYSC experience working in this role or a similar role.
- Membership of ICAN/ACCA will be an advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to ethical standards and high level of priority.
- Up to date Knowledge of FIRS Standards and other Accounting Laws in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.