Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections, and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
- Job Position: Finance Manager
- Job ID: 2021-1816
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno or Yola, Adamawa
- The Finance Manager, based in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria, will be responsible for:
- Ensure contractual requirements are met, based on USAID policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement financial procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and procedures;
- Oversee procurement actions, activity execution, subcontracts, and consulting agreements consistent with USAID and Creative procedures,
- Provide financial training and guidance to program staff and partners.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and review of project expenses.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking, and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on the financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward them to F&C for review and approval by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Provide DCOP and/or COP with the project’s current financial status
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Other duties as assigned by the DCOP or COP.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.).
- Recommended Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 8 years of general work experience is required.
- Experience managing the finances for a project of similar size.
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English required, proficiency in local languages in the Northeast strongly desired.
- Must be willing and able to work in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria.
- Must have existing work authorization for Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The exact location of this position is to be confirmed, but may be based in Maiduguri or Yola. Candidates must be willing and able to live in either location.