Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT-Abuja).
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to support the preparation and management of the organization’s budgeting system and working with department budget owners to create and monitor operating budgets.
- The post holder is responsible for preparing and providing financial reports, and accompanying narratives as well as analyses to programs and management teams.
- Support budget preparation and budgetary monitoring and control of the entire GREENCODE state Offices’ budget for effective implementation of financial plans. To do this, the role will:
- Support the preparation of the annual plans and budgets of all departments/projects as part of the preparation of the GREECODE state Offices’ annual budget.
- Support in the budgeting processes and communications; regularly working with department heads/project budget owners across the organization to monitor and revise budgets throughout the year as well as the life of project(s), as required.
- Support to coordinate project budgets in accordance with the approved budget and work closely to monitor grant performance for major donors.
- Work with program and grants staff in preparing and/or revising donor budgets to support new proposals or realignments and ensure adequate coverage of states program operating costs.
- Support to address donor requests related to budget, budget management, reporting, re-alignment, and audit.
- Maintain a finance unit proposal budget tracker for monitoring and accountability.
- Monitor project spending, identifying instances of variances and recommend to project teams, possible remedies to these identified variances. Prepare financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall state offices’ financial report for dissemination and decision-making. To do this, the role will:
- Ensure project budget vs actual reports are prepared timely, on a monthly basis and discussed with project teams. Follow-up with action points and their implementation.
- Periodically review the monthly budget vs actual spending reports and update the monthly reporting tracker for the Finance Manager’s (Budgeting & Reporting) attention.
- In collaboration with project teams, support in the provision of monthly variance analysis as well as justifications for the variances.
- Regularly review projects’ transactions listing and budget lines’ burn rates for compliance with donor regulations as well as GREENCODE financial management policies and procedures; flag up instances of non-compliance to Project Managers, unit heads, and the Finance Officers – Budgeting and Reporting.
- Prepare donor financial and other relevant reports including forecasts, invoice listing, inventory movement reports, asset registers, risk registers etc. as required with adequate supporting narratives including variance explanations, for appropriate internal review and onward submission to the Grants Department/Donor Focal Persons.
- Build the capacity of GREENCODE finance and non-finance colleagues, partner staff, and other GREENCODE stakeholders on budgeting, budget management, financial management and reporting, internal controls, and audit actions planning and execution.
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations across all GREENCODE projects whilst staying abreast of changes in the regulatory environment related to donor/grants compliance.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks.
Learning and knowledge management:
- Share innovative ways of improving on already existing ways of getting tasks completed within the team and supporting the proper documentation of all financial aspects of the programs. Dealing with Problems
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple works with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient team. • Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues.
- Refer, whenever necessary, any case to the National Coordinator – Budgeting & Reporting.
- Degree in Accounting
- ICAN or ANAN Certified
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Finance and Grants Management.
- Very good knowledge of Quickbook and MS Excel
- Preferred Skills: knowledge of and experience with key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Have an excellent skill in donor budget preparation & reporting.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Well knowledge with the Nigerian Financial systems, Government laws on tax and other audit matters.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching and has managed team.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good and adequate support to enable programs to meet its agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficult issues in the discharge of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Lead by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
5th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and requesting for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to the following e-mail address: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Interested applicants should note that we do not administer online, thus applicants are expected to be physically present for their test assessment. Also note that, we do not provide logistics cover for applicants.