Max Drive – We are a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa. We want to get people and goods to their destinations hitch-free. It is personal for us because we understand the frustration of epileptic transportation. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators.
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a Finance Manager who is an expert in analyzing every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on current and future financial plans.
- A strong candidate combines a strong analytical mindset with technical ability and excellent people skills..
- You will be a strategic thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills. You will be highly analytical, a self-starter, results-oriented and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- This is a full time, permanent and long-term position reporting to the Finance Controller with access to MAX’s executive team.
- We are committed to and encourage equal opportunity.
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS, local GAAP and fiscal obligations following standardized formats that will pass an external audit
- Review financial reports for quality
- Directly work on financial reports and make the complex seem simple
- Identifying all errors in account reconciliations, financial statements and reports
- Documenting reasons for any Fails
- Dive deep to identify the root cause of any quality failure
- Develop simple solutions that fix the failure
- Write clear coaching documents that ensure highest quality outputs
Planning and Analysis:
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership.
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- To use your outstanding knowledge of IFRS and financial acumen to dig into the results our Accountants and Financial Analysts produce.
- You will write actionable coaching documents for them that are clear, simple, impactful and derived from insights you discovered personally. In your weekly 1:1s with your team members, you will ask probing questions to confirm that your feedback is being applied.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 5+ years in finance or a related area in a fast paced global organization
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- ACA or ACCA.
- Sage 300 experience or comparable finance system.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles.
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture.
- Experience in Mobility/Fintech/Gig-economy/eCommerce.
- Strong Project and Program management skills.
- Global leader and thinker with the ability to make quick strategic decisions.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated & proactive.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Health Insurance
- Unrivaled Learning and Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online