Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF) is an innovative platform for resource mobilization primarily established to supplement efforts to mitigate the adverse economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on Nigerians by supporting vulnerable members of the population, strengthening the country’s healthcare system and reskilling the Nigerian workforce for a post-pandemic world.
The Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund is led by a team of Nigerians – working tirelessly to help bring a better life to all Nigerians. Together, with dedicated stakeholders, multilateral organisations, grassroots NGOs and local partner organizations, we are raising funds and initiating interventions to ensure that our children, families and vulnerable groups across Nigeria recover from the devastating impact of COVID-19.
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- A team of Nigerians leads the Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund – working tirelessly to help bring a better life to all Nigerians. Together with dedicated stakeholders, multilateral organizations, grassroots NGOs, and local partner organizations, we are raising funds and initiating interventions to ensure that our children, families, and vulnerable groups across Nigeria recover from the devastating impact of COVID-19.
- The finance manager is responsible for monitoring and controlling Company’s finances and setting budgets. In addition, it is a crucial player in producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Helping senior executives make sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes the annual budget with inputs from departmental heads and period reporting.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations and reports.
- Reviews the monthly payroll prepared to ensure that the amount to be paid corresponds to the terms of the employee’s contract.
- Support auditors to ensure financial audits are completed.
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely records are prepared and presented to management on request
- Play an active role in business development initiatives, including but not limited to prospecting for new clients, building relationships with existing and new clients, attending industry functions to understand industry trends, etc.
- Treasury management (Payables/Receivables management & Working capital Management)
- Develop and continuously improve the Company’s accounting policies, procedures, manuals, key performance indicators, etc.
- Support the finance team in treasury functions, financial modeling, and other accounting advisory matters.
- Approves all payables in line with the internal control policy
- Any other task assigned.
- BSc or MSc in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- 4-9 years of experience
- 4+ years of financial experience is a plus
- 1 to 2 years of NGO finance experience is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred, ICAN, ACCA.
- Not above the age of 43
- Knowledge of Internal Audit, Financial Management & Reportingis a plus
- Professional knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major general ledger and statutory accounting software packages.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to set priorities
- Must effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong leadership and team player skills
- Ability to take on the department singlehandedly
- Will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of their work product.
- Also, work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Hybrid working policy
- Industry competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of a young and growing team
- Personal learning and development fund
N300,000 – N900,000 monthly.
28th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.