WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Management and coordination of the finance officers. The Deputy Finance Manager is to assist Finance Manager in ensuring the overall coordination, leading and supervision of all functions in the finance management and procedures, financial reporting, financial grant management and compliance, communication, capacity building of finance department, and strengthening of sub-recipients in the area of financial management.
- Ensuring invoices are prepared and submitted to customers on a timely basis
- Ensuring minimum receivable days on customer invoices
- Managing Cash balances and ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business unit to operate effectively
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating interest rates on time deposits, APGs and bonds for various projects within.
- The employee has the duty to cooperate with the employer and others to enable them fulfil their legal obligations
- Adhere to Company Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management systems including:
- Active participation in workshop safety & tool box meetings.
- Active participation and contribution to workshop-specific safety initiatives. – Report all hazards and unsafe acts.
- Ensure third party compliance.
- Adhere to Company Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the quality assurance system.
- At least 70% participation in site HSE meetings
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Ensuring the Integrity and Accuracy of the financial records and accounting system of the Company.
- Assist the Finance Manager with daily reporting tasks.
- Assist with the TBMs, Analytics, Recoveries, ICS, quarterly consolidation etc.
- Cost controlling; ensuring costs are posted to the right Projects, ledgers and Job codes in accordance with budget.
- Assist with project budget creation, update, EVs, and closing activities.
- Working with the FM and project Managers to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit and on.
- Liaising with other departments and unit heads on a range of issues
- Managing the Annual statutory audits of the Company
- Arranging financial audits and ancillary reviews as required
- Ensuring Compliance with regards to legal and fiscal requirements, including tax returns and other statutory obligations.
- Liaising with Legal and tax consultants on all tax matters and audit related issues
- Complete tax filings and dealing with matters relating to the FIRS and IRS of various states
- Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the business unit
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge
- Supervising the work of other team members
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment through safety leadership
- Apply PACE, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- The employee is responsible for both their own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of others affected by their acts or omissions
- Functionally Reports To: Director, Admin & Finance, PACE
- Supervises: Accountants, Account officers
- Internal Collaborates with all staff
- External Vendors, Client and suppliers.
Key Performance Indicators / Performance Goals:
- Availability of updated & documented self-explanatory Chart of Accounts
- Generate accounting information & reports within reporting timelines
- % Error rate in daily postings & monthly general ledger close.
- % reduction in wastage and cost
- Lead time for annual budget preparation, presentation and approval
- Completeness of fixed assets inventory/register
- No. of detected breaches in internal controls
- Eliminate % reduction in Taxes exposures
- Availability of quarterly Balance Sheet Notes & resolution of key issues
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Cost or budget variance as a % of total cost for all projects undertaken during a specified period
- % reduction in internal control weaknesses noted by External Auditors & other Consultants
- Customer satisfaction level: Line manager’s appraisal of performance
- Compliance to the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Timeliness and accuracy of management information and reports.
- Education Qualification: Possess a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited university.
- Professional Qualification: ICAN/ ACCA certification
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years Accounting / Finance experience managing the Financial accounts of a company.
Key Competencies Requirements:
Functional / Technical:
- Proactive and dogged
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong planning and prioritization abilities.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Team player that goes beyond job requirement in solving problems and challenges
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines
- Able to work to tight deadlines. Keep strict deadlines (no postponing)
- Able to prioritize duties and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Punctual and reliable. Punctuality of 99% (verify before supply)
- Flexible attitude and go the extra mile (Evening/Weekend if needed)
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online