MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase the financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
- Job Position: Finance Manager / Head of Finance
- Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- This position reports to the CEO and serves as an integral member of the senior management team wearing the hat of Head of Finance.
- As the Head of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and other departments with an emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital, and enhancing shareholder value. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing our strategy.
- As the Head of Operations, the candidate will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency
- You will be required to professionalize and streamline the finance and operations function, enabling rapid growth strategy by significantly improving financial systems, risk management, operation efficiency, controls, and KPIs, with potential future exit.
Role Purpose & Impact
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation by providing leadership in:
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll, and financial reporting of business performance.
- All operational matters, overseeing activities to ensure safe and cost-effective management.
- To work as part of the Senior management team to contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, practices, funding proposals and applications.
- To interact with the Board of Directors, Finance & Audit Committees, by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies — specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes, performance management and organisational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between operational support and business development & product delivery.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Management of budget in coordination with the Chief Executive
- Responsible for all client service, operations, projects and digital platforms. You will lead teams that are dedicated to enhancing the customer experience and play a major part in the overall growth of this rapidly expanding company. Once established, you will focus on growth and scalability to drive continuous improvements in efficiency and quality.
- You will be responsible for building a culture that both represent the company’s goals and aspirations, as well as developing the skills and experience of your teams. You will also be required to get “hands on” in achieving these outcomes.
- You will be responsible for the full day-to-day management of the Finance function, Shareholder relations, and supporting future capital raising rounds.
- Define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to CEO and BOD
- Supporting the CEO and investors in additional fund raising, due diligence, mid-term financial planning and exit strategy
- Presenting Board Packs to the Leadership team and backers
- Establishing KPI’s and reporting metrics
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Annual budgeting and forecasting for all business units
- On-going business performance review
- Analyzing operational analysis and preparing meaningful MI to enhance corporate decision making
- Providing finance related advice for new product analysis covering accounting, billing, risk management, and taxation.
- Assisting in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting
- Effectively lead the finance / accounting/operations team by developing and coaching existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
- Develop and implement a financial risk management policy
- Effectively manage bankers, board of director, suppliers, and other financial relationships
- Coordinate strategy (on behalf of CEO) to realise ambitions set out in the Corporate Plan
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NDIC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Reviews and manages the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrates a good understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensures adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions and safeguard financial assets.
- Possesses versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Company.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.)
- Works in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 10 – 15 years Experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding Customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skill.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
N300,000 – N500,000 / month.
28th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online