EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Location: Borno
The Finance Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all financial transactions through Scanning, Photocopying and archiving of the Financial Documents.
- Prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with EYN Projects Finance Policy.
- Manages incentive payments for community volunteers and all field site transactions.
- Receive, reconcile, and submit financial returns from the field offices for account registration purposes.
- Checking to ensure that all supporting documents for procurements, Training, Field Activity Advances, etc. is accurate and approved and attached before making payments.
- Posting all vouchers into the transaction spreadsheet on daily basis
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations
- Enter Financial transactions in the QuickBooks Online
- Maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated.
- Facilitate the deduction and remittances of all statutory deductions
- Support in the documentation and archiving of all financial and correspondence
- Prepare schedules to process the payment and remittances of WHT, Pension, Health insurance and other statutory deductions.
- Assist with month-end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Check and ensure the accuracy of all supporting documents making sure all documents are approved and attached before payment is processed according to EYN Financial Policy
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to EYN Projects and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Serve as a liaison with Banks on Finance related matters to ensure financial accountability to Partners and to the management
- Update regularly the asset register as they are acquired and tagging the asset appropriately
- First Degree or HND in Accounting / Finance or Business with at least 4 years experience in Finance Administration
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- Strategic planner with effective ability to stay organized and communicate effectively
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and ability to detect inconsistencies
- Strong ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills and accounting software (Excel, Word, Outlook, QuickBooks)
- Proven ability to work in a complex and difficult environment
- Good ethical and professional conduct, proactive and resourceful
- Strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Knowledgeable working with WHT, PAYE, NSITF, Pensions and NHIS.
- Experience Working on a project with Donors like (USAID, OFDA, ECHO and DFID)
- Strong teamwork and work well collaboratively with others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Able to effectively promote EYN Projects’ mission values, and objectives.
- Sound practical knowledge of accounting software and Spreadsheets
Competence in applying humanitarian principles and understanding of humanitarian action:
- Ensure that all program objectives and actions are carried out in accordance with the major international and national humanitarian standards, guidelines, and commitments.
- In addition, programs are being implemented in accordance with integrated beneficiary accountability standards.
Achieving results effectively:
- Absolute transparency and accountability of resources in accordance with internal controls.
- Addressing challenging situations and making good decisions requires confidence and calm.
- Consider the long-term and short-term implications of decisions to be made.
- Provide feedback and updates to achieve better results.
- Documenting lessons learned and applying them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Share with stakeholders the project outcomes and listen to their different ideas and experiences.
- Promote good practice and work with networks on issues related to the program.
- Build clear communication and dialogue with people who are affected by disasters and conflicts, as well as with other stakeholders.
Operating safely and securely:
- Determine risks and threats to the project team and the agency, communicate them, and reduce their impact.
- Make sure DO NO HARM is put into practice to minimize hazards to partners and communities.
- Following safety and security procedures to diminish the risk to oneself, and the project team.
Working/Supervision in environment of implementation:
- Assist team members in prioritizing workload as well as promoting appropriate self-care and good stress management practices among the team.
- Remain effective and retain perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations.
- Demonstrate integrity in the discharge of one’s responsibilities.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with applicable codes of conduct.
- Plan, prioritize, and perform tasks well under pressure; and demonstrate accountability by accepting responsibility for individual actions and their impact.
Leadership: Action, Thinking, Self Inspiring, Developing Others:
- Excellent managerial courage, including the ability to confront difficult situations and seek resolution, as well as expressing a willingness to champion ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain trust by actively listening to others’ perspectives, valuing their contributions, and encouraging an open door approach for others to comfortably share honest thoughts and feelings.
- Ensure staff take responsibility for their own development and actively seek feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influencing others by understanding their interests and demonstrating how they will be met by their own preferred solution.
- Give constructive feedback to enhance the capabilities and responsibilities of another for the purpose of his/her development.
27th November, 2022.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis for this position.
- EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of recruitment