Helen Keller International – International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change
Job Position: Finance and Admin Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The FAA ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, implements Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments.
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review.
- Manages petty cash reconciliation.
- Preparation of office running budget.
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist with month end reporting package.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with Logistics Officer(s) and Associate(s).
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process supplier invoices.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain the assets register.
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing.
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting.
- Postgraduate Degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA is an added advantage.
- Professional experience supporting USAID-funded projects and managing state finance & Admin function is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years experience.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Experience with USAID funded project is preferred but other donor funded project will be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets.
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good standard of IT including experience of using MS Office.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.