The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a global humanitarian and advocacy organization that finds, removes and destroys landmines, cluster munitions, and unexploded bombs from places affected by conflict.
- Job Position: Finance Officer
- Job Location: Abuja
- The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with all financial matters related to the MAG Nigeria programme
- Collect timesheets and in coordination with the HR Officer, input any salary changes such as sick leave, unpaid leave etc
- Ensure accuracy of the data entered into payroll records to ensure all national staff salaries are paid correctly.
- Conduct all data processing, including data entry, producing payslips, reports etc.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring MAG complies with all statutory payments’ requirements and deductions
- Assist the Finance Manager with accounting, budgeting and all other financial/accounting activities as directed
- Review and process payment requests, ensuring accuracy and adherence to policy
- Ensure all regular payments are made
- Maintain cash balance in the office safe, including conducting daily cash count, reporting any discrepancies to the Finance Manager immediately
- Update the cashbook on a daily basis with transactions and advances issued.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare monthly financial reports or others as required.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for all MAG accounts.
- Assist in the monitoring of budgets and project spends.
- Ensure accurate and complete accounting and that relevant records are maintained
- Assist Finance Manager in complying with MAG HQ Finance policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Further education in accounting/bookkeeping
- Previous professional experience working in a financial role, ideally for an NGO
- Experience processing payroll and management of cash flow
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of databases, MS Access, Excel, Word etc
- Good written and spoken English
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications (in English) with your CV and Cover Letter in the same document to: [email protected] using “MAG – FINANCE OFFICER – YOUR NAME” as the Title and also the subject of your email.
- This Application is only for Nationals.
- Applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed.
- Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.