Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
Job Position: State Finance Officer
Job Location: Kebbi
- We are recruiting for a State Finance Officer to join our team in Kebbi State. The State Finance Officer will be responsible for timely posting of all invoices approved and paid, budget analysis and reconciliation, petty cash management, banking, filing of field office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers, bank information, financial correspondence etc.
- S/he will also ensure orderliness within the finance department.
- The Finance officer will deal with all cash receipts and payments as well as advising the State Team Manager and other Technical Officers on all financial matters and sharing areas of concern along with suggested solutions aligned with MC and donor guidelines.
Finance Work (50%):
- Prepare monthly reports to the Project Manager as set on monthly finance timetable which comprises the following:
- Bank reconciliation statement including copy of bank statement
- Aged list of outstanding Advances and Other ledger balances
- Fixed asset register update and Spot Check reports
- Authorized Petty Cash Count Certificate and reconciliations
- Monthly timesheet update
- End of Month Checklist
- Making Payments of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants
- Safeguarding the organisation resources by scrutinizing all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs and by adhering to the MC Manual, Policies and Procedures
- Advising the State Team Manager and other Technical Officers on all financial matters and sharing areas of concern along with suggested solutions aligned with MC and donor guidelines.
- Follow up on the stock balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely order before stock outs occurs
- Register Invoices delivered by suppliers into PSF
- Post Field returns into PSF as per MC guidelines
- Review all cash and Bank transactions posted into PSF on a weekly basis
- Support in the preparation of monthly BVAs
- Support in budgetary planning and revisions
- Support in the timely completion of checklists for month and year ends
- Be responsible for issuing travel and activity advances to the team members, consultants for any official travels, including reconciliation of the same on return
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
Suppliers Invoice (25%):
- Receive all invoices of suppliers and vendors from the Senior Administrative officer and prepare the Invoice authorization forms
- Review and post all invoices onto PSF ledger ensuring the accuracy of codes, support documentation, budget availability and necessary approval from the authorized personnel
- Prepare all payments – cash, cheque, bank transfers and obtain approval from the authorized personnel
- Post payments onto PSF general ledger ensuring the accuracy of all the required codes
Filing and Admin (15%):
- In charge of archiving and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team
- In -charge of collating timesheets of all field office staff
Petty Cash management (10%):
- In charge of keeping the Petty cash imprest system and records, making requisitions and issues as approved by the authorized personnel. Take collections after issuing proper receipts and make a deposit of all cash collections in a timely, honest and trust worthy manner
- Count Petty Cash on a minimum of a monthly basis with the Project Manager/Finance Manager
- Post all petty cash invoices and vouchers into the General Ledger with accurate codes
- A Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related function.
- Experience in working in INGO.
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Willingness to learn at all times.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, especially PS Financial
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to manage pressure
- Excellent team player, including working in diverse cultural environment
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2022 at 23:59 BST.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.