Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Position: Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP
Job Location: Abuja
Budget, Accounting and Financial Management:
- Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
- Liaise with project team in Field Office and HQ to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments. Ensure necessary review, deliverables, and approvals before issuing payments. Write checks and issue payments.
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations.
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ, as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
- Review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
- Prepare financial report as necessary and provide necessary financial support to the project.
- Process for applicable tax exemptions and VAT reimbursements during or after procurements in collaboration with the Nigeria Compliance Manager.
- Assist in end of year financial audit, as required.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management
Grants Management Support:
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers
- Process recipients’ invoices and payments
- University Graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and
- USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online