Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media to reach and 360-degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
- Job Position: Finance Officer
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is looking to hire a Finance Officer who will help with the daily operations of the Finance department with regards to customer invoicing, bookings, analysis, reporting, and other functions, working closely with all departments to help the company achieve its revenue and profit targets.
- This role reports to the Head of Finance and will be based in our Lagos office.
- Generating, booking and clearing of invoices accurately for customers using the ERP
- Ensure timely and accurate booking and realization of revenues
- Support the management of account receivables
- Reconciliation of client account statements working closely with the Sales department
- Ensure the correct recording of COGS from all Ad Managers and realize corresponding revenue in real-time
- Compute monthly commissions, variable salaries and bonuses for the Sales department and other Executives
- Ensures all invoices, purchase orders, tax certificates, contracts and other relevant documentation are compliant according to local tax regulations and uploaded/ referenced in the ERP and Finance Google Drive
- Support with month closing, ensuring Finance department deadlines are met
- Support with sales, finance, and business intelligence analysis and reporting
- Work with the Sales and other departments to ensure compliance with business processes
- Support in all efforts for timely funds recovery and to minimize bad debt risk
- Ensure a high level of accuracy, regulatory compliance, initiative and timeliness in performing all tasks
- Actively identify and propose improved processes that can have a positive impact and help to achieve business goals
- Stay up to date with relevant regulatory guidelines and industry best practice
- Support the Sales and Finance department in any and all activities that can help the company to meet revenue and profit targets
- Maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal collaborators and external stakeholders
- Ensure all activities align with the company Code of Conduct
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or similar discipline
- Experienced in Nigerian GAAP and IFRS is a strong plus
- 1-2 years of working experience in Accounting or similar field
- Good knowledge of VAT, WHT and other financial/tax regulations
- Very good knowledge in Excel would be an asset (Formulas, Pivot and Power Query), Google suites
- Experience in Power BI would be advantageous but is not a must
- Great attention to detail and highly organised
- Great analytical skills for accurate financial reporting and analysis
- Good communication skills as this is a highly collaborative role working with the Sales team and liaising with customers
- Experienced working in an international environment (job has international exposure)
- Hands-on mentality
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.