Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Locations: Kano, Borno and Yobe
- The Finance officer will Work with the ICHSSA 3 Finance team to review all vendor and other stakeholder’s payment vouchers, ensure engagement and maintenance of CBO operational and financial documents and also ensure timely payment to vendors, staff and other stakeholders in compliance with SFH and Donor policies.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
Financial Management & Administration:
- Ensure all transactions are fully captured in SAP.
- Ensure that transactions are posted to the appropriate GLs
- Ensure all stakeholders are paid as and when due
- Bank reconciliation is carried out as and when due
- Ensure project vehicles are duly serviced for effective program implementation
- Ensure proper filing of all financial transactions support documentation
- Ensure Civil Society Organizations are funded on timely basis.
- Support program staff in developing program related activity budget
- Prepare burn rate for State operations
- Ensure program budget is reviewed, evaluated and monitored for effective budget performance on monthly basis
- Support in Budget reports re-phasing on quarterly basis.
Audit & Evaluation:
- Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation
- Coordinate all grants audits in the state and ensure complete implementation of recommendations within 30 days after receipt of final report.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring that the following reports are prepared and submitted to ICHSSA3 DFOPs on monthly basis (where applicable).
- Management accounts
- Burn Rate
- Aging analysis report
- Accrued expenses report.
- BSc. Accounting or any other related field. A master’s degree and ICAN membership will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in managing USAID project
- Demonstrated ability of previous experience managing other support staff at State office level
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
Skills and Competencies required:
- Strong analytical skills
- Conversant with USAID Financial Management and Compliance skills
- Conversant with accounting software applications
- Ability to navigate data analytic software
- Strong advance excel Knowledge
- Good Oral Communication, Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- Creativity/Innovation and Result Oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage consortium team performance.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
22nd November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.