Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual violence, providing prevention mechanisms, and supporting survivors with psychosocial services. We advocate for rape survivors who can’t speak about their ordeal due to stigmatisation, by enlightening our community on the need to end rape and victim-blaming.
STER was started with the firm belief that no survivor should suffer in silence and that comprehensive support systems are crucial for their healing and justice. We strive to create a society that stands against rape, supports survivors, and holds perpetrators accountable. Our ultimate goal is to eradicate rape and create a safe and inclusive Nigeria for all.
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- The Finance Department is responsible for guiding financial decision-making and managing STER’s financial resources.
- The Department’s role is broadly divided into three major areas: financial planning and control, which involves developing annual financial strategy and budget, ongoing monitoring and establishment of financial controls; transaction processing, which covers the day-to-day management of internal financial transactions; and financial reporting for donors.
- Post journal entries.
- Process internal and external payment requests.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Coordinate annual budgeting process and maintain appropriate financial documentation.
- Evaluate financial operations to strategise and implement best practices for STER’s efficiency.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on financial requests.
- Manage statutory remittances.
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Coordinate year-end audits.
- Provide any other general accounting support.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant Degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar role with experience in financial transactions.
- Professional Accounting certification (e.g. ICAN).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Sound understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.