Ultimus Holdings is a Pan-African investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest is sectors that demonstrates growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- You are expected to assist in leading, developing and managing the provision of a comprehensive financial support services to the company including accounting, budgeting, inventory management, procurement and internal audit.
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, income & expenditure records, process all payments through cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation
- Assist in maintaining and driving the positive growth of the Ultimus Holdings statements of financial position
- Setting up, maintaining and managing accounting and finance systems within the Ultimus Holdings
- Assist in the preparation and management of budgets and financial accounts
- Ensure prompt receipt of monies on accounts receivables and payment of account payables
- Stay abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation as in relates to Ultimus Holdings
- Work with the team to improve existing accounting systems
- Assist the Group Head, Finance in providing sound, accurate and timely financial information and advice to Management, to cover bank account and cash management, cash flow forecasts, expenditure management and CAPEX procedures, tax management, fixed assets management and depreciation, Daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial statements and company-wide financial performance report, management reports, etc
- Log and submit all financial transactions and maintain all relevant paperwork in good order
- Assist in the preparation of all company’s statement of accounts
- Assist with project finance/capital expenditure related work for Ultimus Holdings as required.
- Handle accounts payable and receivable and maintain records of business costs, such as labor and material
- Manage the day to day effective control and management of the company’s financial control systems, the company’s accounting and auditing policies and ensuring that procedures are appropriate and are complied with
- Assist to ensure that statutory accounts are maintained, most especially in such areas as PAYE, Withholding tax, Pension, Company tax, etc
- Assist in developing, monitoring and reviewing departmental accounting policies, procedures and processes.
- Performing month-end and year-end accounts closure process
- Reconcile accounts with the general ledger and handle general account queries.
- You possess a B.Sc or M.Sc in Accounting or Finance
- You have at least 5 years working experience.
- You are ICAN or ACCA certified
- You are excellent in financial analysis
- You are familiar with FIRS and LIRS Laws
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.