Babban Gona is an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona, was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation.
Job Position: Associate, Finance Operations
Job Location: Lagos
- Lead a team of financial analysts toward achieving pre-set goals.
- Develop guidance documents for financial processes and train staff on their use.
- Verify that transfer requests meet guidelines.
- Ensure that staff expenditure requests meet guidelines and budget limits.
- Provide support to management during year-end closing which includes helping process transfers and answering any questions that colleagues in the finance division might have regarding revenue, expenditures, fund movement, etc.
- Measuring the monetary funds of the company in order to find out whether they will affect the execution of all the enterprise projects.
- Approve third party payments through accurate reconciliation of financial records.
- Monitor and manage credit cards and invoice payments for farmers.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions related to financial operations.
- Perform monthly invoicing by gathering and compiling data, coordinating with the Financial Control team on cost allocations, and working with financial analysts to record information in the accounting system.
- Analyze existing accounting and finance systems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support periodic finance audit and development of financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Support financial planning, budgeting and other reporting activities.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards set by the company.
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Performs a variety of administrative activities to ensure financial and personnel requirements are met in a timely manner.
Experience in Finance and Accounting Role:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics. Master’s Degree in Finance and/or MBA is an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in finance and accounting
- Profound know-how in advanced financial analysis, cash management – accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, investment banking, etc.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Strong leadership skill; and ability to streamline functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skill.
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
- Strong negotiation skills٫ with a good ability to build relations with employees and vendors.
- Strong organizational skills with business-oriented thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual Paid Vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online