Dayntee Farms was incorporated with the aim of producing high quality poultry products and services to meet the nation’s growing demand. The company is dedicated to providing poultry products of the highest quality while also creating wealth and employment opportunities for its staff and the community.
Job Position: Financial Accountant
Job Location: Offa, Kwara
- To oversee the financial accounting and related activities by collecting, analyzing, investigating both internal and external financial information and reporting accurate financial data within the scope of the company’s operation to support strategic decision-making and actualization of budgeted financial targets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) (such as IAS and IFRS standards) and to agreed timelines
- Conduct detailed analysis of financial data, identify trends and provide insights for improvement and management of potential risks to financial stability
- Account for all CAPEX related items and monitor the requisition up till capitalization stage in the GL
- Generate accurate and timely financial reports for management, stakeholders and regulatory authorities
General Ledger Management:
- Maintain the general ledger by recording all financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner for future references and ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles
- Supervise reconciliation of accounting ledgers (such as account payable and receivables), financial transactions, resolution of discrepancies and review of accrual reports to ensure the integrity of financial data
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with other departments to obtain necessary information for accurate financial reporting
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist in the development and monitoring of budgets, providing support to department heads in budget preparation.
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare financial forecasts, identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Track actual financial performance against budgeted figures, providing variance analysis.
Taxation and Auditing:
- Collaborate with tax consultants to ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns.
- Stay informed about changes in tax regulations and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations as required.
- Provide support during tax audits and inquiries.
- Monitor cashflow and liquidity
- Monitor bank transactions and reconcile bank statements
- Optimize working capital and recommend improvements
Carry-out other functions that may be assigned to you by Finance Manager from time-to-time in attainment of the department goals
Key Performance Indicators
- Actual vs. budget figures:
- Gross Revenue
- EBITDA margin of the company
- Timely rendition of financial reports
- Day Sales Outstanding/Collector Effective Index Actual vs Target
- Optimum utilization of accounting package (ERP)
- Level of statutory compliance vs Target
- Accurate posting of monthly, quarterly and yearly transactions.
Relationship & Contacts:
- Internal – All Heads of Department and colleagues
- External – External Auditors, Tax Consultant and Auditors, Banks, PFAs, Vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related fields
- ACCA, ICAN or CIMA certification is compulsory
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounting with proven experience as Financial Accountant (while experience in poultry industry will be advantageous).
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Good knowledge in accounting, finance and economics of livestock industry and business
- Proficiency in modern accounting and finance productivity tools/software and MS Excel
- Financial Analytics and modelling skills
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial information management and reporting
- Tax Remittance and Management
- Knowledge of regulatory laws and standards.
General Management Competencies / Requirements:
- Strong leadership capability and people management skill
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong decision making/critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter and driven for results
- Assertiveness & tenacity
- Dependability and adaptability
- Good work quality and reliability
- Good cooperation and staff relation
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively.
N1,946,746 – N3,114,794 Annually with incentive-based pay of between N720,000 to N840,000 per annum.
21st December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.