mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
Job Position: Financial Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- In this position, you will be a part of the team cohort providing direct (virtual and in-person) self-management support services to pregnant women, who face challenges with hypertension, obesity, anemia and diabetes via our innovative self-management model.
- You will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets, and directly contribute to the design and build of our growing Finance function. We are rapidly developing capabilities across accounting, FP&A, treasury, corporate finance, capital budgeting, audit and tax, risk management and regulatory and investor reporting, and require capable generalists with extraordinary attention to detail and a great work ethic to push our business forward.
- Along with the mDoc leadership team, you will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of mDoc Healthcare, including respect for our members and team members.
- Providing optimal member-centred care and experience is of critical importance to mDoc so we are looking for people who embody this in mind and action.
- You must be data-driven or willing to be data-driven such that you are looking constantly at your member needs, responding to them and also looking at population level data and coming up with ideas on how to drive continued engagement and adherence.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Compute tax and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Monitor effective reconciliation of all data and sales reports.
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly.
- Audit financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting and internal control systems, payment, expense and retirement process, asset management, insurance etc.
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings and publish financial statements in time
- Comply with financial policies and regulations requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s Degree, MBA or professional certification/membership (ICAN/ACCA) is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including GAAP, standards and Nigeria’s tax policy
- Understanding of IFRS and its business application
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines;
- Excellent financial, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and healthy working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
- The ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
- Strong communication and “person-centred” skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of email.