FBNQuest is the unified brand name for the Merchant Banking and Asset Management businesses of FBN Holdings Plc, one of the strongest and most dependable financial service groups in sub-Saharan Africa.
Job Position: Financial Advisory Officer
Department: Financial Advisory
- The candidate shall be responsible for supporting the Team Lead in executing mergers and acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
- The candidate is expected to possess core financial analysis and financial modelling skills as well as a keen understanding of transaction structuring.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collate and analyze relevant financial and non-financial information from clients and various sources to support a potential or ongoing transaction.
- Identify and determine the feasibility of possible mergers and acquisitions, privatisation projects and contribute to negotiations.
- Prepare and/or analyze business plans and articulate clients’ business objectives for the purpose of presenting in the context of buy-side or sell-side discussions with counter-parties
- Prepare advanced financial models in the context of M&As, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings, recapitalisations and independent valuation opinions.
- Conduct detailed financial and commercial due diligence to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisation transactions
- Conduct detailed and complex valuation exercises to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisations
- Manage individual workstreams within the context of the large multi-faceted transaction
- Prepare confidential information memorandums, management/investor presentations, technical bids, post-acquisition plans and other presentations as applicable
- Manage/coordinate virtual and physical data room due to diligence exercises in conjunction with other members of the team and working closely with external advisers
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries and consistently monitor local and international economies
- Build and maintain client base, keeping current client plans up to date and engaging new clients on an ongoing basis
- Prepare, analyze and explain financial information of a given company and related companies within the respective industry
- Conduct relevant industry research and update database accordingly
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts
- Manage and supervise financial advisory analysts in the execution of the above responsibilities
- Minimum of a First Degree (Second Class Upper)
- Master’s Degree and/or Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of core investment banking and financial advisory experience in a leading investment bank
- Experience with an international investment bank will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power sector will be an advantage
Key Competency Requirements:
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Advanced business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and learning skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting, taxation and applied Corporate Finance techniques
- Good appreciation of the major industry and regulatory trends and challenges
- Entrepreneurial skills, creativity and people management skills
- Strong analytical abilities, self-confidence, persistence, initiative and persuasiveness
- Quality of work: financial models, management presentations and information memorandums among others
- Timeliness in meeting client requests/turnaround time.
15th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.