Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are looking for a candidate for our Stabilization Center at Ngaranam Hospital in Maiduguri.
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response. In parallel, PUI is continuously supporting the coordination mechanisms in North-East Nigeria humanitarian crisis. Finally, PUI is also running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors thanks to a co-funding between 20 partners, and funding from the logistics sector (WFP). Thanks to the Maiduguri Inter-Agency Logistic Platform, 91 projects have been supported in 2018, for a total of 7 000 000 of indirect beneficiaries.
- PUI is looking for a Nutrition Feeding Assistant for its Stabilization Center at Ngaranam Hospital in Maiduguri.
- Under the supervision of the SC Nurse, the SC Feeding Assistant is responsible to provide the nutrition care plan, formulate and make available therapeutic foods for the assigned patients in the SC ward. S/he is in charge of providing nutrition education and counselling for the caregivers and ensure that the patients and their caretakers receive maximum care and support while in the stabilization centre.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist the Logistics officer to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and drivers at Coordination base level
- Assist the Coordination Logistics Team to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports
- Organise a monthly meeting with PUI drivers on sensitization of PUI safety and guidelines
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly checks on all PUI vehicles according to PUI fleet guidelines
- Assist Logistics Officer on vehicle estimate for the month and process the monthly vehicle statement
- Allocation of vehicles to the staff during the working hours
- Provide assistance and support on vehicle repair and management
- Update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town)
- Assist the Logistics officer for cargo movements across all the bases
- Ensure that vehicle logbooks are maintained
- Maintain data and update records of all vehicles
- Ensure that office vehicles are checked daily and roadworthy
- Ensure that regular service schedule and maintenances are carried out
- Ensure proper monitoring of diesel for generators
- Ensure all generator files (diesel reception, generator fueling follow-up, generator timesheet etc.) are well managed
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of generator fleets when due for servicing
- Fill the vehicle card of pointing on a daily basis
- Prepare duty roster for the drivers
- Ensure that all requirements stated in the vehicle rental contract are duly implemented and communicates any discrepancies with the Logistics officer
- Dispatch the equipment on the base according to the needs, and archive the waybills accordingly
- Support the Logistics officer to make sure the assets are properly maintained and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders as assigned by the logistics officer
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams under his / her supervision are cleaned and kept in good condition
- Ensure the daily workers’ attendance follow up and edit the attendance sheets
- Prepare the payments files of daily workers in his/her domain of supervision before submitting to the Finance department
- Report potential fleet or security incidents to the Logistic Officer
- Understand and obey traffic law and regulations and sensitize drivers on their implementation
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give a daily report to the Logistics Officer about the progress of the logistics activities
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his/her domain
- Update and share the monthly fire extinguisher follow-up
- Update and record the vehicle, generator and fuel follow-up regularly and send to the Logistics officer on a monthly basis
Priorities of the Department:
- Optimization of the utilisation of the vehicles and energy supply
- Sizing of the motor pool
- Management of Maiduguri base drivers
- Reporting on fuel consumptions of base and guest house generators
- Language skills: Good command in English and in local Dialects such as Hausa and Kanuri
- Education degree: Diploma or graduate in Logistics, Business Administration or similar field of studies
- Work experience: At least 1 year of progressive work experience with NGO in a similar field
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Knowledge of institutional donors procedures (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies…)
- Computer skills: Pack Office and any other software
- Transversal Skills:
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
Contract Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract End Date: 31st July 2021