Promasidor is an African company proud of its heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
Job Position: Fleet Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The Fleet Manager will be responsible for overseeing and improving the fleet operations of Promasidor in Nigeria, which includes various forms of transport like motor vehicles, boats, motorcycles, and more.
- The role involves ensuring compliance with insurance, security, and other documentation, implementing risk management, strategizing for policy changes and government regulations, planning for the company’s transportation needs, managing fleet acquisition and maintenance, budgeting, depreciation monitoring, and recommending cost-effective solutions.
- The Fleet Manager will also liaise with external vendors and local authorities to maintain efficient and controlled operations.
- Develop and maintain Promasidor Nigeria’s fleet operations.
- Ensure all necessary insurance documents are processed for company vehicles.
- Implement a risk management system for fleet management.
- Prepare for changes in company policy and government regulations affecting fleet operations.
- Contribute to strategic planning for the company’s transportation needs.
- Oversee activities related to acquisition, utilization, maintenance, and replacement of the fleet.
- Design and initiate fleet maintenance programs and report on fleet efficiency.
- Review quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Manage budgets and expenditures for the fleet department.
- Monitor vehicle depreciation and oversee vehicle sales.
- Research fleet efficiency and recommend cost-saving approaches.
- Administer a Vehicle Replacement Program.
- Manage pool and tool of trade vehicles at various locations.
- Manage the company’s fuel program and advise on alternative fuel use systems.
- Prepare, review, and recommend changes to the company’s transport policy.
- Liaise with third-party vendors (service and driver providers) to negotiate cost-effective rates.
- Establish proper coordination of regional fleet operations.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant local authorities, including the Nigerian Police, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Customs, Immigrations, etc.
- First Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, or a relevant discipline.
- A Master’s degree in Transport Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience, with at least 5 years in Transport/Fleet Management within a reputable organization running a large fleet.
- Minimum of 3 years at a supervisory level.
- A working relationship with Police, FRSC, and traffic regulatory bodies.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fleet Operations
- Vehicle Maintenance & Management
- Business Acumen
- Cost Management
- Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making
- Time Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online