Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984, and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions, and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance, and investment banking products.
- Job Position: Franchise Governance Officer
- Job ID: 20241051
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Job Category: Compliance and Control
- Job Family: Governance
Function Background / Context
- Citi’s EMEA Emerging Markets cluster consists of 29 presence and 30 non-presence countries.
- This role is primarily franchised governance oriented and will assist the relevant Citi Country Officers (“CCOs”) in managing specific country governance committees, regulatory projects, business analytics, and strategy.
- The Franchise Governance Officer will be responsible for supporting the CCOs in managing and implementing the Firm’s Corporate Governance Framework within a cluster of EMEA EM countries. Specifically, he/she will, along with the relevant country CCO, manage the administration related to the Business Risk, Compliance, and Controls Committee (BRCC).
- The person will report to the EM cluster CAO and will also support the CAO Office is driving enhancements to the cluster-wide Governance structure and processes, ensuring proper adherence to the relevant global policies, including the Citi Governance Policy and Escalation Policy.
- The Franchise Governance Officer will act as a Committee coordinator and liaison, by working with partners across the country/cluster in the businesses and functions to identify issues that are outside the Firm’s risk tolerance. They will be responsible for coordinating with these areas to source the topics and supporting details in order to escalate items to regional senior management for review and/or decision. He/she will serve as a connection point between the country and cluster committees, including reporting, trends, and escalations. They will be a critical part of promoting stronger risk identification and escalation processes, driven within the 1st line of defense.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently are a must as this individual will be required to lead coordination efforts single-handedly, as well collaborate very closely with stakeholders across the region and all lines of defense.
- Support CCOs in performing oversight over Citi’s business. Oversight of legal entity management including local subsidiaries. Confirm that the country governance framework (Including NPCs) complies with requirements and committees are run in accordance with applicable charters.
- Participating and representing Business/CCO in local committees e.g. CCC, BRCC, ALCO, Compliance Committee, Pension investment Committee, Regulatory reporting committee, TPM committee, etc.
- Schedule BRCC meetings and coordinate on behalf of the CCO, information requests from stakeholders. Review deck materials and distribute them to participants. Prepare control related materials. Prepare and distribute minutes. Monitor follow-up actions.
- Overall activities related to GRC: Project Management, problem solving, training, guidance, and escalation. Support to the Business during monitoring/testing activities, Control Performance Assessment, and Quarterly Risk Assessment meeting.
- Co-ordinating & working on the delivery of regulatory projects across various function, risk & control, product and coverage partners
- Coordination and tracking the NPAC / PAP process
- Coordination of country scenario plan
- Coordination of certain elements related to ICAAP / IFRS 9 and stress tests
- Review and monitoring of audit plans. Support the business in the conduct of pre-assessments, participation in all phases of the audit process. Review audit findings, audit reports, and CAPs. Support in the definition, opening, and closing of issues. Regular monitoring of issues and approval re-targets.
- Support the Model Risk Management Attestation process for Business/CCO owned models.
- Working with P&A teams in presenting management financials and strategy presentations
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification working experience.
- Minimum of 2 years as an Assistant General Manager
- At least 10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably with experience in corporate governance, risk management, consulting, program management, compliance, and/or legal
- Graduate degree, BS or concentration in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance
- Up-to-date understanding of key risk management and corporate governance concepts.
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including businesses, products, and risk management processes. Citi-specific knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in English. For roles based in Francophone Africa, fluency in written and spoken French is a must
- Risk-based thinking and an analytical mindset
- Strong data analytical skills supported by appropriate technical skills
- Proficient in MS Suite applications. Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Some traveling may be required
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and analytical abilities
- Highly collaborative and solution-focused
- Quick learner, team-oriented with strong organizational, project management, and presentation skills
- Able to handle complex deliverables independently. Highly organized with the capability of working with a large number of regional and global stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with counterparts in different areas of the organization, working across geographies and corporate LOBs/ functions
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. in the absence of reporting lines or matrix reporting)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze the operational and financial impact of initiatives and risk mitigation, approaches, while providing an effective challenge to the businesses and functions
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and complete accuracy
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify gaps in information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online