FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
Job Position: Fraud Manager
Job Location: Lagos (Remote)
- FairMoney has an exciting opportunity for a Fraud Manager to join the team in Nigeria.
- Your mission is to ensure fraud detection and prevention by implementing and maintaining proper tools and systems allowing FairMoney to offer the best tailored financial services to as many clients as possible.
- Your goal is to help build FairMoney as the No 1 digital lender in India and Nigeria with the most advanced fraud prevention techniques available.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention policies and procedures;
- Lead the Fraud Desk function and a team of Fraud Officers;
- Perform periodical Fraud Risk Assessments in order to detect potential vulnerabilities;
- Provide training to employees on fraud prevention measures and best practices;
- Ensure close monitoring and implementation of fraud alerts and metrics, avoid fraud losses, and ensure that follow-up actions are taken to mitigate future losses;
- Participate in project development of fraud projects;
- Lead the investigation of potential fraud cases. Maintain detailed records of fraud incidents, investigations, and outcomes;
- Cooperate closely with internal and external stakeholders, such as law enforcement, legal teams and external banks;
- Lead the fraud recovery process;
- Analyze fraud trends in Fintech, ensure proper controls are up to date;
- Escalating potential issues;
- You have at least 3 years in a similar position as a fraud analyst, fraud manager, preferably in lending/banking companies;
- You have an experience in leading fraud investigations;
- Knowledge of fraud detection tools and technologies, as well as an understanding of fraud typologies and tactics;
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a team of analysts;
- You have excellent research and analytical skills;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You can think independently and take actions;
- Familiarity with industry regulations and compliance standards related to fraud prevention
- Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to problem-solving and risk management
- You have a good command of both spoken and written English.
It will be helpful if you:
- Have experience with KYC processes
- Have experience with consumer and business lending as well as payment systems (wallets, transfers, cards or any other means)
- Have experience within emerging markets
- Have a proven fraud certification (ie. CFE)
- Have experience with analytical tools (SQL, Python).
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online