GeoQuad is a multi-disciplinary firm with a strong desire to contribute to global interventions on sustainable development. Our interdisciplinary team have the capabilities to meet client demands in the aspects of research, GIS & mapping services, infrastructure delivery & management, and project management.
At GeoQuad, our vision is to be a leading global force in driving sustainability by facilitating evidence-based actions through our services. To achieve this, we intend to drive the overarching goal of Sustainable Development through research, location intelligence, infrastructure development & management, and effective management of development projects.
Job Position: Freelance Academic Writer
Job Location: Nigeria
The Incumbent will have direct responsibilities as follows:
- Write academic papers including but not limited to essays and technical reports across various academic fields, with appropriate citation and referencing, and deliver in line with agreed timelines.
- Conduct independent research as may be necessary to deliver comprehensive, cohesive, and plagiarism-free content.
- Develop original academic papers with extensive evidence of the application of theory and/or empirical results where applicable.
- Write papers that reflect good knowledge and conceptual understanding of complex and/or specialised principles and concepts, and advancement of ideas and practice.
- Develop papers with outstanding referencing and bibliography.
- Write academic papers that are presentable, logically, and coherently structured, using correct grammar, spelling, and citation.
The incumbent will be selected based on the following criteria;
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Language or any other academic field. The ability to write in line with other requirements that follow trumps any academic qualification.
- At least 2 years of work experience.
- Ability to develop academic papers across various academic fields.
- Ability to write papers that reflect insightful evaluation and a high level of originality and reflection.
- Strong competence in the use of online resources—including search engines, academic journals, and various writing tools.
- Ability to conduct independent research as may be necessary to deliver comprehensive, cohesive and plagiarism-free content.
- Ability to write papers that are extensively informed by current research and practice.
- Good understanding of various citations and referencing styles.
- Strong understanding of the use of grammar, punctuation, and lexis and structure in English.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word and other relevant software applications.
- The ability to meet up with deadlines is critical.
31st January, 2023.