PayQart simply allows you to pay for goods and services in installments. You can shop online or in-store at any PayQart retail partner and we’ll spread the cost over a maximum period of 6months for you. It’s just that little bit extra breathing space to make buying easier.
Job Position: Frontend Developer
- We are seeking to recruit a Frontend Developer to help us build a cutting-edge savings and lending platform. You must be willing and able to learn everything about our products and end-user needs, as well as deliver against the product paper / brief through go live.
- The candidate should have experience in or at least willingness to learn more about financial services / fintech.
- The Frontend Developer will work closely with our Product Manager, business leads, and user community to ensure that all client-facing functions and features on both our website and mobile apps are intuitive, fast, efficient, and fully meet our clients’ trading and security needs. Our platform will run 24×7, so we need a developer who is an expert at managing changes and updates in real-time with little room for any down time or fail over.
- We are looking for developers who are passionate about emerging business & technology models as well as working in a space full of unknowns.
- This is an excellent opportunity for any developer seeking to explore new ideas with the team.
- We need Developers who are enthusiastic and rigorous when tackling new problems, extremely versatile, who thrive in an agile, test-driven development and automated testing environment.
- Partner with product management, marketing, and the rest of the product development team to understand the product vision, user needs, brand design aesthetics and backend infrastructure
- Translate complex business needs into innovative technical solutions and contribute to product advancement to guarantee solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Develop high-quality prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production quality solutions
- Create user-friendly, intuitive, fast-paced, real-time web pages and mobile apps
- Design web and mobile-based features that ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Interpret graphic visual or interaction designs in CSS and Java script
- Ensure efficient performance and scalability of solutions-optimize applications for maximum speed
- Participate in team / project activities: requirement refinement, sprint planning, task estimations, coding, troubleshooting, retrospectives, etc.
- Maintain and continuously improve the website and mobile applications by getting feedback from and developing solutions for our clients
- Must be willing to work full time in an office environment.
Experience / Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years work experience.
- Demonstrated experience of having taken large-scale initiatives from conception through to production, while continuing to support, optimize, and iterate
- Deep knowledge of at least one front-end framework React, Angular, Vue as well as experience with responsive design interface development
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Working knowledge of at least one complementary front-end languages/frameworks (ex: React, Angular, Vue )
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts – relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database, ORMs / ODMs and Web storage API (front end)
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Strength with at least one web server technology (ex : Apache, Nginx)
- Strength working within at least one cloud hosting platform (ex : AWS, GCP)
- Confident working with tools and editors (ex : Grunt, Sublime, Atom, JSLint)
- Measured experience with unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, with at least one relevant testing framework
- Expert leveraging software-development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, (such as agile) to drive positive personal / team outcomes to increase velocity and on-time delivery
13th October, 2021.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.