MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Position: Engineer – FTTH Network Optimization, Fixed Broadband
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos (Hybrid)
- To support the network design and optimization of MTNN’s Fixed Broadband network, such that a cost-effective, scalable, dynamic, and robust capacity for Fixed Broadband network is achieved and a good level of service and network quality is sustained.
- Optimize fixed broadband access network services on the MSANs.
- Plan and integrate all fixed broadband access NE, i.e., MSAN nodes, into the network.
- Conduct analysis of network model outputs and traffic patterns (statistics) to evaluate the model and propose solutions to network issues.
- Execute prompt provisioning of network capacity for all fixed network elements, features, and protocols.
- Monitor fixed network operations to conform to MTNN quality standards and NCC regulatory framework.
- Monitor and keep abreast of fixed network technology trends through workshops, conferences, and other forums to generate insights and intelligence to improve operations.
- Define the optimal network topology for fixed wireless network platforms in order for the connectivity of network elements to meet customer service requirements.
- Co-ordinate the effort, input, and output from relevant internal company departments to ensure that designs and plans are carried out timely and appropriately.
- Assist Marketing and Business development groups to carry out feasibility studies and capacity planning for new services and interface with the Interconnect team and vendors for the resolution of technical issues.
- Provide business intelligence using data analytics from field, vendor, and performance reports.
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronic or Computer Engineering
- Fluent in English
- 3–7 years’ experience, which includes:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization.
- Experience in the Fixed Broadband Network Industry
- Experience with FTTH planning, optimization, operations, and fixed VoIP exchange statistics handling
- Technical Experience in the Planning of Fixed Network Elements
- Good knowledge of IP and data networks, transmission, and fixed broadband technology
- Experience with general FTTH deployment and cabling principles and last-mile customer solutions management
- Communication and Good Reporting
- Problem solving.
8th December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN) does not and will never ask for payment of any kind from applicants in all MTN’s recruitment processes and stages such as job application, CV review, interview, meeting, and final processing of applications.
- MTN is not liable for fraudulent publication of job offers in MTN’s name or for the fraudulent use of MTN’s name in any manner whatsoever.
- For whistle blowing and reporting fraudulent recruitment activities, contact us via MTNN.ForensicServices@mtn.com