Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
- Job Position: Full Stack Software Engineer, Engineering Lab
- Job Location: Lagos
- If you are passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems and experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers impacting millions of lives around you, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
- This job is responsible for conducting Software Development: Build and implement business applications. This Job requires working with other Developers and Project Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
- In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications, create technical documentation for reference and reporting, integrate software components and third-party programs, Verify and deploy programs and systems, Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software, Gather and evaluate user feedback, Recommend and execute improvements.
- Interpret URS (User Requirement Specification) / PCN (Product Concept Note) and develop Solutions
- Integrate with other teams and team members.
- Ensure Standard architecture is adhered.
- Ensure Standard design is adhered.
- Ensure Security standards are not compromised as a result of development.
- Should have understanding and hands on experience on CI/CD pipeline.
- Should ensure modular design of applications.
- Good understanding of Programming languages, APIs and Databases.
- Understanding of working on Integrated IT systems
- Learn emerging and new technologies.
- Adopt future proof technology.
- Alignment of systems to business strategy & Delivery of Services and resolution of issues.
- Continuously engage with Business & Technology departments to understand the issues, requirements and engage with the Partners for proper resolution and delivery of services as per agreed time and SLAs.
- Ensure integration of various solutions with IT & Network Echo Systems to ensure the proper management of Lifecycle for specific product
- Work in close co-ordination with network team, BSS team for selecting and implementing end to end products
- Implementation of end to end service path and revenue path of the customer
- Drive third party partner engagement for new product development
- Manage project delivery and payment milestones with strategic partners.
- Liaise and review SLAs (Service level Agreements) with vendors
- Ensure prompt response to Group request on product development activities.
- Prompt resolution and management of issues with vendors.
- BSc / BA / Engineering in Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Software Developer/ Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework).
- Experience working with queues: Eg Kafka.
- Knowledge of UI/UX designs.
- Experience in developing front-end applications: Web and Mobile apps.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online