HRbreakoutRoom – Our client in the furniture production industry is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Furniture Production Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The production manager will be responsible for managing the production facility and the production
process and making sure the products are delivered on time, on budget, and meeting the high-quality
standards. The manager will be responsible for managing approximately 20-30 carpenters, finishers,
upholsters and metal workers.
- The ideal candidate is required to have extensive experience with
managing export quality wood and steel furniture production.
- The candidate should be familiar with both large volume production processes and custom furniture production. Experience with packing and protection of furniture for shipping is a plus.
- Manage the production facility and production process. Ensure production process runs smoothly,
safely, cleanly, and meets production budget and goals.
- Initiate an effective production process and work flow for large volume furniture orders.
- Determine the flow of work, required staff, and additional tooling needed to improve the
production process and create the most efficient production process.
- Set the production schedule based on incoming orders and required delivery dates.
- Set up material inventory system to ensure product is clearly accounted for and tracked by
- Manage material inventory – reviews production schedule to determine all materials needed for
timely production. Communicates with Purchasing staff to ensure all material needed for
production is available ahead of production (eliminate delays due to material shortages).
- Plans and communicates the daily schedule to employees and to the different business
departments to ensure that production and deliveries are properly planned.
- Set tool and equipment maintenance schedule to ensure production can continue with minimal
- Review completed products to ensure high quality production.
- Review furniture designs to offer suggestions for improvements on the production process,
aesthetics, or both.
- Suggest new product designs based on market demands as appropriate.
- Help establish a process for packaging and loading furniture for export via shipping containers.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing furniture production.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Must have great leadership skills with the ability to create employee loyalty and solve problems.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, excel (experience with autocad and sketchup is a plus).
- Must be adaptable and able to adjust to new opportunities and challenges in a unique work
- Must be able to take ownership of production process.
- Strong knowledge of furniture products and furniture industry as a whole.
- Strong knowledge specifically related to woodworking and carpentry. Experience as a
woodworker or carpenter required.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task with managing several projects at once.
- Ability to read architectural and 3D drawings and convert to production.
- Strong attention to detail regarding following the drawings and ensuring the finished product
matches the specifications.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions to problems in collaboration with management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and work well with a team
23rd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.