Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- Job Position: Gender Advisor
- Job Location: Abuja
- The Gender Advisor will be responsible for implementing the TMEC/RISE gender strategy as well as work with other staff of the project to ensure that RISE-Nigeria provides comprehensive and age-appropriate clinical post-GBV care that meets expressed needs of survivors including GBV prevention and male engagement activities where necessary across all target locations.
- The Gender Advisor will work closely with other members of Jhpiego gender team to implement Jhpiego-Nigeria’s gender inclusiveness strategy and other gender/GBV related programs.
- Provide technical assistance and strategic guidance on the implementation of PEPFAR priorities for gender equality and GBV programming on TMEC-RISE project.
- Work with project teams to overcome gender-related barriers to accessing services across the HIV services cascade.
- Work with project teams to strengthen gender components of training, job aids and reporting or data collection tools at all levels
- Mentor and work with state teams to integrate gender strategies into their work, supporting Jhpiego gender equality interventions.
- Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report on indicators measuring the outcomes and impact of interventions around gender and gender-based violence.
- Conduct supportive supervision to ensure that Jhpiego’s gender equality targets and RISE GBV targets are being achieved across the states where projects are being implemented.
- Write periodic donor reports and technical papers on specific projects
- Present and share lessons, best practices, and successes related to addressing gender equality on Jhpiego programs
- Provide administrative support on a range of activities implemented by the gender team, liaising with administrative, financial, and procurement teams to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
- Maximize opportunities for increasing Jhpiego Nigeria’s gender equality portfolio of work and support new business development initiatives including resource mobilization and proposal writing.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Development Studies or demonstrated equivalent through experience.
- Minimum seven years program experience in public health and/or international development, preferably promoting gender equality.
- Minimum three years of senior-level experience providing technical advice on gender equality in programming.
- Strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender-sensitive development programs.
- Strong analytical skills, especially for conducting gender analyses.
- Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID and PEPFAR’s approach to gender quality and gender-based violence.
- Proven experience in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating advocacy/gender projects and programs.
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches
- Experience in working with high-level counterparts and engaging with Government officials and other development partners.
- Previous work experience working in an iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered an advantage.
- Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
- Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- A personal commitment to gender equality.
- Able to undertake frequent travel.
9th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]g using “Gender Advisor” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org