World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Position: Gender Data Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- The Gender Data Assistant will be responsible for supporting the collection, organizing, management, and analysis of gender data to ensure that the WHO programmes and policies are gender-responsive and inclusive.
- The Gender Data Assistant will work closely with the gender team to provide data and analysis that informs WHO gender strategy and programming.
- Support the collection and management of gender data across the WHO including conducting data cleaning and analysis.
- Conduct operational research on gender-sensitive indicators and data collection methods to ensure that the WHO gender data collection efforts are up-to-date and inclusive.
- Develop and maintain databases and data systems that support gender data collection and analysis.
- Provide technical support to programme staff on the collection and analysis of gender data.
- Support the development of gender-sensitive indicators for monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Contribute to the production of gender analysis reports and other documentation.
- Ensure that gender data is stored securely and is in compliance with the WHO’s data protection policies.
- Participate in relevant training and capacity building activities to develop skills and knowledge in gender data analysis and management.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school,
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, Statistics, Data Management etc.
- Essential: A minimum of 5 years of experience in gender data analysis and management.
- Desirable: Knowledge of gender-sensitive indicators and data collection methods.
- Experience in data analysis using data management and statistical software such as Power BI, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
31st August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online