Diversey has been, and always will be, a pioneer and facilitator for life. We constantly deliver revolutionary cleaning and hygiene technologies that provide total confidence to our customers across all of our global sectors. Headquartered in Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA, Diversey employs approximately 9,000 people globally, generating net sales of approximately $2.6 billion in 2017.
Job Position: General Accounting Analyst III
Job Location: Lagos
The Financial Planning Analyst & Financial Controls Nigeria & Ghana will be responsible for:
- Financial reporting
- Bank relations
- Tax compliance
- GL management
- Financial controls
- Statutory audits andl;
- Finance Business Partnering for both BU.
Financial Reporting & Controls:
- Manage the Month End and Year End close process through implementing comprehensive check list
- Prepare monthly trial balance and upload of the trial balance into the global reporting platform (HFM).
- Reconcile monthly sales and prepare the sales flash for reporting locally and globally through HFM
- Facilitate GL creation and mapping for accurate capture of financial data and reporting
- Prepare monthly management accounts and analysis reports for review of trends, variances and guide decision making
- Review of all supplier payments, staff reimbursements and petty cash before bank release for compliance and accuracy.
- In charge of integrity of the Trial Balance through; review of postings, review of all journal entries, GL reconciliations and GL mapping management before the trial balance is closed on a monthly basis.
- Track and ensure reconciliation issues identified are closed
- Review of Fixed Asset reconciliation and accuracy of the asset register
- In charge of review of the SOX policy for financial to ensure proper internal controls are in place as per guidelines.
- Ensure forex revaluations and reclassifications are done monthly
- Review and approve all indirect purchase requisitions in Ariba for accurate cost center allocation and cost package
- Prepare monthly financial performance deck with commentaries
Finance Business Partnering:
- Finance Business Partner for the Professional F&B Business units to support all financial related tasks and reporting to the unit.
- Prepare all monthly reports for the business unit including- monthly review deck, price increase tracker, capex and opex tracker, monthly forecast and any other reports
- Review all CAPEX requests for profitability, return on investment and payback period.
- Manage customer rebates for customers to ensure compliance with signed contracts.
- Spearhead budgeting, forecasting and strategic plan development and monitoring for the Professional business unit.
- Prepare sales performance reports for the sales team weekly and monthly
- Compute sales commissions for the unit sales team
- Review all tax computations and payments for the other countries in the region for compliance and accuracy before payment.
- Ensure all tax accounts are reconciled and correct
- Manage taxes and statutory deductions for Nigeria and Ghana to accurately compute , file and pay the monthly taxes-WH VAT, VAT
- Facilitate internal and external audits as per the audit plans for the region.
- Preparation of draft financial statements
- Manage bank relations
- Manage the documentations of forex bank transfers
- Coach other finance team members on finance related matters
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- A Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any other related discipline with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Professional certifications in Finance & Accounting
- Knowledge/experience in International Financial Reporting Standards .
- Knowledge in information and data management
- Understands the entire accounting process flow ·
- Must possess good analytical skills ·
- He /she must be self driven with a “can do” attitude and passion to achieve results under minimum supervision. ·
- Must possess great interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial Planning Analyst & Financial Controls Nigeria & Ghana.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online