Gran Melia Hotel is a sumptuous hideaway set on a 10 plot land strategically positioned on the tranquil Lekki Peninsular. This hotel offers you the ultimate comfort and privacy. The cutting-edge design and high-tech facilities provide you with the ultimate paradise to unwind and relax in style.
Job Position: General Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests.
- He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
- The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the hotel operations is optimized to maximize sales, market share, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, and profit.
- Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience.
- A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures. This position requires a hands-on leader.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions and carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, are on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Perform other duties as required
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- The ideal candidate should be a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University Degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
- Excellent computer system skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adopt new processes.
- Knowledge of safety management principle; federal and state regulations.
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.