The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining
- Job Position: General Manager, Mechanical – Ibese Plant (Cement)
- Job Location: Ibese, Ogun State, Nigeria
- To provide critical lead to the Sectional (Operations) Manager in ensuring that the production equipment are in perfect working condition and are available for use, at the optimal cost of reliability.
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance in conjunction with relevant Sectional Heads
- Monitor maintenance activities for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate mechanical maintenance in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare weekly/monthly maintenance reports for the attention of the CGM, Maintenance
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CGM, Maintenance from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of twenty-seven (27) years plant operations related experience
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth understanding of mechanical maintenance systems and interactions among systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online